Thursday, March 19, 2009

Colorful Colors

So I know that 3 week before the wedding isn't probably the best time to "finalize" the color palette but it wasn't until all of the DIY projects were wrapped up and the final purchases were made that our colors became clear. I have been stressing a little over the colors and beginning to wonder if it will look like a giant pinata blew up all over the reception venue. To recap we wanted to have a Mexican themed wedding inspired by our engagement trip through central Mexico, our food choice of Mexican, and our desire to have bright, fun decor. Well, bright and fun it surely will be but will it also be tacky?


Our colors: turquoise, fuchsia, lemon, orange, lime, and plum.

My color worries were reassured when I saw a couple of posts on one of my favorite wedding inspiration blogs, The Rizy Bee Blog. She has been posting several wedding color trends and low and behold her banner for this series is our wedding colors!



So seeing this and hearing Matt say that "I was being very consistent with the wedding decor" while I was making the cupcake stands got me thinking. Who cares if it will look like a pinata blew up. We WANT it to look like a pinata blew up. Sure, an elegant black and white color palette may be great for some. But we are more of a pinata kinda style. And who cares if there are at least 5 different shades of fuchsia? My mother will notice but she along with everyone else will hold their tongues because it will be our day and everything is turning out exactly how we wanted it.

I also wanted to share some photos of what inspired our theme and colors. All of the photos are from our engagement trip to Oaxaca and Mexico City including a few places in between.





My friend Shannon in so talented and I had to share some of her Mexico photos. She says she doesn't do anything special - Mexico is just that gorgeous. I also think that a digital SLR helps. I just love the turquoise door and the cityscape of Guanajuato.









What inspired your colors?

8 comments:

Krista said...

Well ... other than the fishheads, thos pictures are gorgeous. I think the bright colours works, because you have a vibrant theme. Plus, multipe shade of fuchsia - honesly, most people will NOT notice because the probably won't be beside each other.

I think your colours & them are great. Is it 3 weeks already? WOW!

Krista said...

Hey - check it out: http://www.stylemepretty.com/2009/03/18/real-wedding-erica-chris-at-the-holly-farm-from-jessamyn-harris-photography/

Anonymous said...

very cool. i love bright colors for a wedding.

Jenn said...

Woo hoo! That looks like one heck of a fiesta! :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's going to be fun, festive and beautiful.

Beverly said...

I think the color combinations are fabulous. I can't wait to see it all together. You guys are pinata kind of people! Life will be fun.

Anonymous said...

I love all the colors - Even the fishheads! Ha. FI and I love to fish - he scales them though!

I can't wait to see the pics either. Talk about a PARTY.

sera said...

I love the festival of color. All the real weddings with the single color theme seem kind of boring an contrived if you ask me. And I love the phrase: "a giant pinata blew up all over the reception venue." awesome!