Friday, March 13, 2009

Colorful Ladies

Since we are having a small, intimate ceremony we decided not to have a wedding party. To make our 7 family members in attendence feel like an extra special part of our day I got all of the ladies each a colorful pashmina in our wedding colors. These are for my mom, Matt's mom, my sister, and sister-in-law.

I asked them to wear something of their choice in black to go with the colorful scarves. I had wanted this present to be a secret until I gave it to them along with a special note - but I am horrible at making decisions. So I had to get their help in deciding which of the colors to get. This was better in the end so then they could choose their favorite.

I think we will look something like this come wedding day.



From Mrs. Pinneapple on Wedding Bee.

I had thought about getting the 3 men something special to wear to the ceremony. But then I realized that with our particular guys they might appreciate something other than clothing/accessories more.

What special gifts are you getting for your special guests?

7 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

I love the colors. They just pop so much, it'll look great.

honey my heart said...

soo pretty :) you have such great colors.

Nicole-Lynn said...

What a cute wrap... love them! I'm sure your bridesmaids are going to love them too.

BTW - thank you so much for letting me know about the post on that blog. I forgot to add it to my blog list, but it's one of my favorites and somehow I missed that post... those engagement pics are awesome! That is so sweet of you to think of me, that made my day! I just may do a post on it... Thank you!

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

great idea!!

Unknown said...

that is perfect! I loved Mrs. Pineapple's wedding party. We aren't having a wedding party either but I think it might be too hot in Sept for pashmina's

Anonymous said...

i lovelovelove that idea!

i bet they'll love the surprise... and the pictures will turn out super cute.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful idea. I just might have to borrow it! I love the pop of color.