Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eeek!!!! Only 8 weeks to go!!!!

I am so excited that wedding day is almost here! Although it is still a little scary how much there is left to do. Deep breaths, deep breaths. Seriously reading other bridal blogs makes me feel like such a slacker. And they also give me tons of inspiration so the list keeps getting longer. ;)

Here is a quick rundown of the major projects left to complete:

Send Invites - done but need to get stamps
Matt's suit - purchasing this weekend
Load up ipod with Music for Fiesta reception
Finish Papel Picado Banners
Purchase Candy/dried fruit and make labels for Sweet Treats table
Finalize where, when of hair and make-up
Purchase accessories and decide on what to do about hair flower
Finalize a few other DIY projects including menus, signs, and photobooth

Hey, this list isn't that bad. Now if I just didn't also have dissertation grants to write, a book chapter to finish, a major report to submit, and two conferences to go to...

Stay tuned because I have been a DIY wedding fool lately and have several posts planed about our projects. What would you like to see first - paper flowers, photo albums, or cupcake stands?

14 comments:

Beverly said...

It will be fine. You are the picture of organization- you have done so much already. Please let me know if there is anything we can do from this end. We would be glad to. By the way- love the shoes!

Adrienne said...

Oh that is so exciting! 8 weeks!!! Your list is very do-able!

Blablover5 said...

8 weeks is a scary time, but it looks like you have everything very under control.

Nicole and Jesse said...

Show us the paper flowers!!

How exciting only 8 weeks. :)

Krista said...

Do-able! You're good, girl! I'm "behind" on my list (according to The Knot). For example, I was supposed to book the florist a month ago. However, the florist I want told me I didn't need to book until the end of March, so I figure I'm fine.

Those timelines are super-anal and not realistic. I've discovered that!

Brenn said...

Wow...8 weeks. You'll get everything done though! No worries. I'll agree with NicoleandJesse - let's see flowers!

melissa said...

Wait! I forgot to add marriage license to the list. Leave it to us to forget this and run around the day before to get it.

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

exciting!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Your list is definitely do-able... good for you! I bet you're so excited, 8 weeks is going to fllyyy.

Jenn said...

Your list is much shorter than mine! How exciting - 8 weeks!!

Once A Bride said...

Holy cow!! Sneaking up on you!

Once A Bride said...

p.s. do you need a cheap (ah-hem, free) DOC? ;)

Hannah Noel said...

Wow only 8 weeks!! Looks like you are doing good. Just gotta wrap everything up so its smooth sailing from here =)

Good luck, can't wait to see the big day!

Rachel said...

Hey, I was just like you the last couple weeks before our wedding. I went from "I have plenty of time" to "OMG - I better get busy! I'm so behind!"
It'll all work. You may have to give a few things up, but that happens to everyone. But it will all come together - it's funny that way.

But the last couple weeks DO go by soooo sooo fast. Just get ready!