Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eeek!!!! Only 8 weeks to go!!!!

I am so excited that wedding day is almost here! Although it is still a little scary how much there is left to do. Deep breaths, deep breaths. Seriously reading other bridal blogs makes me feel like such a slacker. And they also give me tons of inspiration so the list keeps getting longer. ;)

Here is a quick rundown of the major projects left to complete:

Send Invites - done but need to get stamps
Matt's suit - purchasing this weekend
Load up ipod with Music for Fiesta reception
Finish Papel Picado Banners
Purchase Candy/dried fruit and make labels for Sweet Treats table
Finalize where, when of hair and make-up
Purchase accessories and decide on what to do about hair flower
Finalize a few other DIY projects including menus, signs, and photobooth

Hey, this list isn't that bad. Now if I just didn't also have dissertation grants to write, a book chapter to finish, a major report to submit, and two conferences to go to...

Stay tuned because I have been a DIY wedding fool lately and have several posts planed about our projects. What would you like to see first - paper flowers, photo albums, or cupcake stands?

13 comments:

Beverly said...

It will be fine. You are the picture of organization- you have done so much already. Please let me know if there is anything we can do from this end. We would be glad to. By the way- love the shoes!

Adrienne said...

Oh that is so exciting! 8 weeks!!! Your list is very do-able!

Ellen Mint said...

8 weeks is a scary time, but it looks like you have everything very under control.

Anonymous said...

Show us the paper flowers!!

How exciting only 8 weeks. :)

Krista said...

Do-able! You're good, girl! I'm "behind" on my list (according to The Knot). For example, I was supposed to book the florist a month ago. However, the florist I want told me I didn't need to book until the end of March, so I figure I'm fine.

Those timelines are super-anal and not realistic. I've discovered that!

Brenn said...

Wow...8 weeks. You'll get everything done though! No worries. I'll agree with NicoleandJesse - let's see flowers!

melissa said...

Wait! I forgot to add marriage license to the list. Leave it to us to forget this and run around the day before to get it.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Your list is definitely do-able... good for you! I bet you're so excited, 8 weeks is going to fllyyy.

Jenn said...

Your list is much shorter than mine! How exciting - 8 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!! Sneaking up on you!

Anonymous said...

p.s. do you need a cheap (ah-hem, free) DOC? ;)

Hannah said...

Wow only 8 weeks!! Looks like you are doing good. Just gotta wrap everything up so its smooth sailing from here =)

Good luck, can't wait to see the big day!

Rachel said...

Hey, I was just like you the last couple weeks before our wedding. I went from "I have plenty of time" to "OMG - I better get busy! I'm so behind!"
It'll all work. You may have to give a few things up, but that happens to everyone. But it will all come together - it's funny that way.

But the last couple weeks DO go by soooo sooo fast. Just get ready!