Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Suggary Goodness!

Amy Atlas has done it again. Check out this winter wonderland dessert bar featured yesterday on Style Me Pretty as well as her blog.

I would really love to have the marshmallows like the bottom right photo on our candy buffet and hometown dessert reception. Martha had a recipe in the latest Weddings Magazine. Maybe I will give it a try and do similar toothpick flags.

Another option is to go for Marshmallow Peeps. I absolutely love Peeps - they are my favorite thing. I am not a huge fan of the yellow and pink chicks but love the white ones, especially the vanilla flavored hearts that come out around Valentines Day. I also think they would be fun since I and some of Matt's friends call him Peeps which is a play on his last name. But they are not for everyone and I find that you either love 'em or hate 'em.

These pink heart pairs might be an option.
I like these because they are wrapped in pairs whereas others come in packages of 4 or 9. One thing that I know about Peeps is that you don't want to expose to the air for too long, otherwise they become a rock hard mess.

I wonder if I could repackage to look a little classier...

4 comments:

Jessica @ Mason Jar Bride said...

I love your blog, so I'm tagging you and sending you the Blog Luv award! See my blog for details :)

Krista said...

Yum ... :)

Hannah said...

lol-- you should meet my sister. She is a peepaholic.

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I love me some peeps!