Friday, January 16, 2009

... It's Here

I picked up my very special package with my custom order dress this morning from the post office. Not sure if I want to talk about it yet. It is gorgeous. Just what I wanted- a lace, vintage inspired tea length dress.
However it doesn't fit, the "waist" is hitting me on my "hips". And I broke the zipper. I have had basically the worst night ever. I suppose everyone has a few bridal breakdowns now and then. Mine just all seem to be over the stupid dress. I can't help but keep thinking that it doesn't matter if we have the cutest invitations ever, or an awesome signature drink, or even thoughtful welcome bags if I look like a hot mess come wedding day.

Matt has done a great job calming me down and I am sure the dress can be altered.

Anyone else not having things quite go their way lately?

6 comments:

The Pissed Off Bride said...

Yes, I am having my fair share of potential melt downs.

Where did you get your dress from?

Beverly said...

It will be okay.....it can be altered. Hope today is better.

Krista said...

Oh ... good luck - it'll get better. It has to!

said...

My dress will need to be customized a bit too - so I hope it helps to know that you are not alone. In both of our cases, everything will turn out beautifully. Afterall, the dress isn't what's most important. We have wonderful fiances who will marry us even if we show up in paper sacks. :)

Cyd said...

Oh no! I'm sorry it's been a struggle...but I'm sure you'll get it all sorted out in time for it to be your dream dress all over again. I can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

Man, I really should not have come and read this post. My worst fear is that I will pull out my $700 Custom Dolly Couture dress out of the box and it will be ALL wrong. I even had a nightmare about it. My petticoat was yellow, not blue. The dress was a halter, not the custom bust I had ordered and the skirt was WAY too short.