Thursday, January 8, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

... Matt and I got engaged. Okay, it was actually 364 days ago. I am posting early because Matt and I are headed up to Zuni, NM early in the morning to purchase his wedding band. Matt does archaeology in the Zuni area and they make amazingly beautiful silver jewelry. A Zuni ring is what we want for him as it holds alot of symbology for us. He was actually living there for a semester last year before we took our trip to Mexico (what turned out to be our engagement trip) and was sort of the reason this post is not called One and a half years ago today...

Matt asked me to marry him on the last night of our 3 week Christmas trip to Mexico. We were in Parque Mexico in Mexico City and it couldn't of been more perfect. Matt had purchased my ring about 5 months earlier. I couldn't believe he could wait so long!! But in hindsight I am glad he waited. I was studying for my comprehensive exams (i.e. extreamly stressed and crabby) and then he temporarily moved to New Mexico and decided to wait for our big trip. My ring is an antique from the 1920's and I absolutely love it!

I won't divulge any of the cheesy details of the actual proposal but will share a funny part of the evening. As soon as we left our park bench a stray dog came over and peed right on it. I hope that isn't symbolic of anything to come...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha-no worries about the dog-He was 'blessing' it! I'm orginally from NM haven't even heard of Zuni-how funny is that? There is some beautiful jewelry to be found in NM, though-I especially love turqoise.

p.s. Thanks for stopping by my on my blog! And Happy Engagement Anniversary!:)

Krista said...

Hmm ... I'm not sure there's any symbolism there. At least, I can't think of anything! In Chinese culture, little boy pee is considering a blessing, so young boys (or so I've been told by a friend who went to China for several weeks) are encouraged to pee everywhere, in public and in the streets! (Ew.) So it could have been worse!

said...

Thanks for leaving a comment with your wedding date! I'd like to send my readers some love before their big day! Speaking of big day...yours is fast approaching! :)

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

AWWW Congrats! the one year mark! Very sweet! :)

RelentlessBride